The Mary's Shelter Cay Galgon Center gala is our largest fundraiser for the year and is held every spring. 2018 marks the 6th anniversary of the gala and we are proud to honor two of our wonderful supporters Jim and Cheryl Kusko. This year's event will be held on Saturday March 3, 2018 at the Historic Hotel Bethlehem. Thank you to our presenting sponsor Mr. William Straccia.
We hope that you will join us for this celebration. Our gala's format will be one of an extended cocktail hour with a one hour open bar, hors d'oeuvres, and food station meals to please every palate. Next we will have a heartwarming testimony from a shelter graduate. We are proud to honor Jim and Cheryl Kusko for their ongoing dedication and support of all we do. Our celebration ends with our Signature Dessert Auction...a sweet end to the evening.
Invitations and sponsor forms have been mailed, please return by February 16 to reserve your spot and have your sponsor and advertising information in the program. You can also download the invitation or submit online using the links below.
It is a fun and entertaining way for attendees to support Mary's Shelter... with a sweet reward. Generous bakeries and individuals donate desserts which will be displayed throughout the evening. Here's how it all works:
- View all the desserts on display during cocktail hour and dinner and decide on your favorites.
- Designate a "Table Captain" for your table.
- Upon the signal from our emcee, place a donation pledge in the envelope you received at check-in to help your table secure that favorite dessert. If you have your eye on a particular dessert, be sure to encourage your tablemates to bid generously!
- Place your small envelope in the large envelope on your table.
- Have your table captain take this large envelope to the designated collection spot.
- Wait briefly for the table envelope donations to be tallied by a team of volunteers.
- Feel the suspense build as our emcee prepares to announce which table had the highest donations and sends that Table Captain to pick out the table's favorite dessert to be shared by the entire table. The 2nd, 3rd and so on highest donation tables will be announced in sequence and asked to select their dessert until all the tables have a dessert.
- Finally, enjoy your dessert and sweet reward! Take home boxes will be made available, if needed.
- Stop at the check-out table by the end of the evening to settle your donation pledge with one of our volunteers. Cash, checks and credit cards are accepted.
Thank you to everyone who attended last year and helped make our 2017 gala a success. We are looking forward to making more memories with you this year!